Ingredients for cake:
5 tbl of butter or margarine
2 heaping tsp of baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
¾ c sugar
1 large egg
½ tsp vanilla extract
¾ c of milk or half and half
2 c blueberries (or 1 pint)
3 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp sugar
- Lightly grease a 13x9 dish with butter.
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- Add cinnamon/ sugar line the dish, tipping mixture out and set it aside (reserved mixture.
- Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg and mix until combined. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients and combine.
- Add the flour mixture and milk alternately to the mixer. Mix until completely incorporated but be careful to not over-beat.
- Remove from stand mixer and gently stir in the blueberries until Pour the batter into the prepared pan, pressing the mixture evenly distributed.
- Bake until the cake is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut into squares and serve with softened butter.
- Once cooled sprinkle the reserved topping on top to provide a sweetness (as much as you wish). Blueberries are not excessively sweet.