I try to make each piece different: from POV, to content, but really the characters decide what they want to be. I am always trying to challenge and better myself and I believe reading is a great way to do this. Paige and I share a review page. She has mainly been doing promotions due to her hectic work/life schedule. And until I get a RLJ I am reviewing a lot. I love to read and do so at a fast pace. She asked if she could jump on board with me and I was excited with the idea.
So without further ado…
1 - What am I working on?
Well that’s a loaded question. This could be a very long answer. Basically, the short of it is normally I am working on at least 4-5 books at any given time. That is the writing, editing or typing stages in all of them. I am also a huge promoter of others and marketer.
Current things on this girl’s author plate (yes this is typical):
1. Re-editing my fantasy books and then they are being sent to an editor so they can be put into print.
2. Typing up The Sixth Element, which is the 3rd book in my fantasy series—ELEMENTS ~ The Before World (yes, I write things by hand in notebooks)
3. Saving Lady J, this story has been featured on my blog in SatSpanks with excerpts. I am fleshing it out a bit. I’d like to enter this into the BDSM writers con contest, however I am worried it doesn’t quite fit into a specific category.
4. DREAMSTEALER (this is a serial killer, paranormal romance book that will be under another pen name)
5. An untitled book that I write each night before bed, it is a D/s story full of confliction.
6. Critiquing / editing, A Taylor Made Master for Carrie Ann Ward
7. Two free anthologies to be released this month. One is entitled Erotic Fantasies, which features my D/s story Blue Bird.
8. Reading Kingdom and next up is Guardians of the Forest for my review page, PS Naughty Reviewers.
9. My other Blogs: I randomly write poetry and erotic Free Reads or The Foodie in Me posts.
10. I am putting together another free anthology, since Sexy Holiday Bites was such a success. This time it will be full length stories approximately 5k or less. And it will be darker…hey, it’s for Halloween. ;) Mine is titled IN HEAT
11. Um, do I admit I had a dream the other night about a wolf/shifter pack…oh man…
2 - How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I write erotica explicitly and I’ve been told that I pull the reader into the erotic event. I’ll take that as a compliment, thank you very much.
My fantasy books have both hit the Amazon Bestseller list! Wooohooo! Ok anyway, people have loved the dreamy quality of the style and the romance. The heat sizzles to a rolling boil throughout the series. Infidelity and possession make it difficult for the characters to determine if it’s lust, love or magic. These books are sexy hot, however, they are not erotic.
3 - Why do I write what I do?
I love it! It’s my sanity in this insane world. I never planned to write anything erotic, but Cristal Blue would not leave me alone. She turned out to be a huge hit. ;)
4 - How does my writing process work?
I have this weird thing where I just write. I don’t plan, outline or character develop—whatever those things are (giggles). I just write. Stories somehow emerge and twist into climax and endings all on their own. I’ve been compared to Stephen King, because I guess he does the same thing. (another thing I realized I do like him—um yeah, he’s like my author idol—I write all of my works with settings in New England. Well, my fantasy heroine is from Wellfleet, MA. A town near where I grew up, but the story takes place in Virginia.)
People ask me where the stories come from…Dreams, daydreams, that time right before you fall asleep. My mind never shuts off. People say they wish they had my problem instead of writers block…but no, no you don’t. I can’t keep up with it.
Amazon | Smashwords | B&N
PS Naughty Reviewers | Goodreads
Facebook | Twitter | ELEMENTS Facebook page
John Satisfy eroticsatisfiction.com
John Satisfy is an erotica author that specializes in fulfilling fantasies with words. His stories are written specifically with the woman's perspective in mind, but are enjoyed by both genders. Often what starts out as a simple or straightforward scene morphs into something slightly unexpected which is where part of the fun lies. Sex should not be completely predictable, neither should erotica. While some of his works may play with BDSM themes, come across in a more playful manner.
After spending his younger years traveling and living through the United States, he is currently living in the Midwest with his new wife. In his free time he loves to bake, listen to music, and take photos, finding ways to express himself with food, song, and images.
Kayla Lords http://kaylalords.com
I discovered my love of writing at age seven and my sexual fantasies long before I reached adulthood. Now instead of experiencing sexual daydreams, I write them down and publish them for others to enjoy. I write BDSM-themed erotica with a focus on Dominance and submission (D/s). I not only want to turn my readers on, but I want them to realize that D/s is more than just a kink and isn't scary or degrading. I love to blog, tweet, talk, and especially interact with my readers and followers as much as possible.
Born in Detroit. Living, loving, and writing steamy naughty stories is my passion. Erotica and Erotic Romance are my preferred genres. I had formerly written comedy under another pen name until I got the nerve to express my naughty side. I have been told by readers that not only do they find my erotic stories interesting and hot, but they also find them humorous. Women frequently message me, expecting me to be inappropriate. They have been surprised to find out that I am really a great guy. I have been told it's sweet how shy I am. I am a gentleman and believe woman should be treated with respect. Even while I'm corn-holing them. ;)
LB Shaw www.lbshaw.blogspot.com
LB Shaw began creating whimsical stories in her head as a distraction from the sultry summers of her childhood. Afternoons during high school were spent working at a used bookstore and reading the novels that ignited her passion for writing and have inspired her ever since. She holds degrees in Biology and Paralegal Studies and worked over ten years in the animal care industry before venturing into freelance writing. After publishing the first two novels of the sexually charged Trust In Me series, she released her latest, Little Sinner, as a reflection of the darker sides of erotica. LB has recently transitioned into writing gothic fiction, sometimes infused with elements of dark humor and southern culture.